Welcome!

This blog is not just for me.  I hope that other contributors will be joining me here soon.  The idea is to have a place where we can talk about spirituality, faith, religion, in a way that is meaningful to us.  If you want to participate, and can respect the spirit of this place, you are welcome here.  You don’t have to belong to any particular religion, or any at all.  We will have differences, and we need to all respect each others’ differences.  Let’s all learn from each other and share in each other’s wisdom.  If you want to get involved, leave a comment so that we will know that you want to join.  We would love to have you.  Comments and questions in the spirit of this place are welcome.

16 Comments to Welcome!

1. recluse1 says:

I am most certainly interested in sharing here! Thank you Rapunzel for setting this up for us. It is wonderful to once again have a place where we all can come together and share in a peaceful environment!

We all want to grow and learn and the best way to do that is through shared knowledge and fellowship! What a blessing! “Together in Faith”, just what so many of us are needing right now! I will let others that I think would want to participate know we are here!

Thanks again and God Bless!

2. drjean says:

Hi all. Of course we are in the end times, though I have lived as a Christian for 31 years now, and seen many things and heard many say over those years, Christ will return very soon… there has not been such a time as this. Back then, yes nothing else needed to happen for the rapture to occur, but there were things we didn’t understand (such as how on earth could everyone on earth “see” what was happening “live” in another part of the world… this was before the internet… and such things as we have.
    I don’t know what is being spoken of regarding the website and such that run it as being evil or allowing evil…or if that is even what I thought I read. Forgive me on that part, it’s a secular site. I’ve been on “Christian” sites that were less kind. Now that’s a rude awakening. Christianity IS the only army that shoots its wounded. BUt enough of this.
    I am a bit mournful that my posting in the aftermath was attacked as being “weak” and that I was not only “casting my pearls” but was “wallowing in the mud..””.how I had gone over to the other side” and such. And all I had done was follow guidelines and posted THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRT and thoughts of INSPIRATION trying to lead those who read towards Christ. Then to find out the topic of the Christian chat was fruit of the spirit… well you can imagine my dismay. Perhaps I will not fit in with these other Christians. I will wait and see.
    TC

3. rapunzel says:

I can’t speak for everyone, but I think I understand what you are doing. Personally, I have been so hurt that I’m continuously in “wounded animal mode” and I’m not very sure about my own judgment right now. I hope that everyone will stay within the guidelines, because deliberately going against them won’t help us. Staying upset doesn’t seem to help either. For me, it’s messing up everything that I do. The upset has been the topic for a while for my therapy, and I’m really stuck. T said that I’m not made to be an activist, and while it’s my choice, I’m just going to keep getting run over. I still don’t seem to be able to move into acceptance though. Jean, maybe your example is what we need to follow on the forums, anyway. I still hope that we can make good use of other resources, including this blog. And I hope we can keep it positive. I’m struggling with that though.

If anyone can help me with protecting myself and understanding social groups and organizations, especially as pertains to here, I can use help with that. I’m stuck. Maybe I’m not the only one. Jean, do you have any advice for us?

Thanks for stopping by here. What I was referring to in the post above about calling good evil, etc., is that religion is being blamed for all the bad. Religion is not bad. It can be very good. Beliefs help us in many ways. I’ll be one of the first to acknowledge that religion and beliefs have been used in bad ways by some people throughout history. Those actions were not of God. It is possible for people to use just about any tool in destructive or self-serving ways. It doesn’t make the tool bad, and doesn’t mean that the tool should not be used or can’t still be used in good and constructive ways. We all need to set an example of being constructive and positive. I’m sorry if I am failing to do that. I’ll try to work on it. Let’s start here, ok?

4. SeptemberMorn says:

The group that has formed for Bible Study is working very hard to “be still and know that I am God.”We have felt the Holy Spirit moving in us and within the group. Even so, we know that we will experience dislike and even hatred and persecution.

I’m truly sorry that even Christians can’t agree amongst themselves. That’s probably why all the denominations. What we all need to do is allow and accept the differences in people. A relationship with God is unique for everyone. Like I’ve posted in the “no religion forum,” there are Five Absolutes to get to Heaven. I’m not going to repost them here because I’m beginning to feel like a parrot. LOL If all Christians could accept that, then there would be a lot more peace in this world.

You’re right, Wendy. It’s not religion that causes strife, it’s PEOPLE. You have my heart felt support in your efforts. Remember that when you are weak, God is made strong in you. Don’t doubt yourself. Don’t allow others to plant the seed of doubt in your mind. Follow what you know is right in your heart!

5. recluse1 says:

Hey Rap! I like how you said that about religion being a tool and any tool can be misused. It’s not the tool that’s used, rather the person wielding it, that is either destructive or constructive. A great way to look at it and it is so true!

6. SeptemberMorn says:

The group that has formed for Bible Study is working very hard to “be still and know that I am God.” We have felt the Holy Spirit moving in us and within the group. Even so, we know that we will experience dislike and even hatred and persecution.

I’m truly sorry that even Christians can’t agree amongst themselves. That’s probably why all the denominations. What we all need to do is allow and accept the differences in people, accept that the Holy Spirit deals with us as individuals. Each of us has been set aside, as individuals to do the will of God. A relationship with God is unique for everyone. Like I’ve posted in the “no religion forum,” there are Five Absolutes to get to Heaven. I’m not going to repost them here because I’m beginning to feel like a parrot. LOL If all Christians could accept that, then there would be a lot more peace in this world. It’s sad to see that not all Christians accept each other as individuals but try to cram anyone that calls themselves “Christian” in one box. It’s not a “one size fits all” situation. The Bible tells us that the Holy Spirit has given to some one gift and to others another gift and so on.

You’re right, Wendy. It’s not religion that causes strife, it’s PEOPLE. You have my heart felt support in your efforts. Remember that when you are weak, God is made strong in you. Don’t doubt yourself. Don’t allow others to plant the seed of doubt in your mind. Follow what you know in your heart is right!

7. recluse1 says:

From what drjean has posted above, it makes it sound as though everyone involved in this bible study chat have sent her nasty pm’s and such. That really has bothered me. There are discussions about this all over the other site and it appears many people think the people involved in the chat, which also includes myself, are hate mongers or something. And that is far from true and very upsetting for me and obviously to the other readers. Because now I have received messages from others that had previously shown interest in participating in the blogs and/or chat that are feeling really insecure, afraid even, that they will be publicly attacked!

I am sorry that people have been hurt. I am sorry for others suffering. I am sorry friends are upset with one another. But please, don’t involve all of us. I am sad that because of this people might view me and others, as a self-righteous jerks. I may be christian, a part of the chat, participate in the blogs, one of “these other christians”…..but hateful and self-righteous I am not.

8. septembermorn says:

Recluse, I’m so sorry you’re feeling judged. It’s not unusual, though. We, as Spirit led Christians can expect to ALWAYS be on the witness stand. Our spiritual companions will be few. We mustn’t let this discourage us or anger us. God is in control! You know it, I know it and those of us who have listened to the Bible study know that.

Everyone has their own opinions and we need to learn to accept that. We also need to allow for the fact that the Holy Spirit may be dealing with others in their own personal walk in a different way than he is with us.

We don’t know the mind of God or how He wants to deal with those whom He has chosen to do His work here on Earth. We need to trust Him MORE than to take in what we feel is negative or judgemental. As far as I’m concerned, this is something that will always happen and we might as well grow a thick skin and just let it roll off our backs. We KNOW who we are in Christ. We KNOW that the Holy Spirit is working in us and through us because we have not only felt it, we’ve seen the fruit of is in Bible study.

When we allow the Holy Spirit to lead, when we KNOW that we are working withing God’s will for our lives, THAT is what is important, not what the world thinks of us. Can you find comfort in that, my precious sister in Christ? Can you cuddle up to the Spirit and let him comfort you KNOWING that when the world judges us and condemns us, then we know for sure that we are pleasing God?

I’ll leave you with this:

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
    45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

I love you dearly, Recluse! 🙂

9. rapunzel says:

((((((((((((((( hugs))))))))))))))) to all of you.

All of you are my friends. What can I do to help with the tension that is going on here? I don’t want to censor anybody because I believe you are all capable of following the spirit and showing compassion and understanding to each other. I don’t see any enemies here. Just people with strong feelings that have been accidentally stepped on a bit. I believe that all of you have good intentions. We all have to find our own paths though, and sometimes the paths are not identical.

10. holdingon says:

Well I cant find out how to request to be added here so I suppose I will just ask you to add me as a subscriber?

11. rapunzel says:

That works! You are now added. 🙂 Thanks, and it’s nice to meet you!

12. Hello,
    I find your blog interesting but a little hard to navigate. Of the nineteen messages todate, I don’t find a connective thread although each is significant.
    I am a follower of Baha’u’llah although I am not a Baha’i. I am a follower of Jesus although I am not a Christian. I adhere to Markhams poem posted earlier.

13. rapunzel says:

Robert,

Thanks for the comment, and I’m glad that you found us. There isn’t really intended to be a connective thread here. Rather, this blog is meant to be a gathering place for people who want to talk about religion and faith. Many topics are expected, and additional authors are also welcome. I would also be happy to link to your blog, or start a topic that fits your interests.

14. Fair enough. A question: Do Bible scholars say that Solomon wrote the book of Ecclessiates?
    Obviously I do not check your blog every day.
    I do not have a blog of my own – too many other places to talk.
    Bringing people together to talk is good, about religion is even better. Keep up the good work.
    Robert

15. rapunzel says:

It is hard to keep with all the places where we might talk. I think that a lot of us are stretched pretty thin.

As to who wrote Ecclesiastes, Ch. 1 vs. 1 says “The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem.” David only had one son who became king. Solomon, if you will recall, was granted a gift, and chose wisdom. Maybe that was why he had so much to write. I don’t know if Bible scholars dispute whether Solomon wrote the books that are accredited to him. Even if he did, I do not know if all of it was his own, or if he recorded what was spoken by others, at least sometimes. Or if other writers might have also contributed. If it matters to you, I would suggest praying about it. To me, it doesn’t matter so much who actually wrote it. What matters is whether it is the word of God that He wants me to live by. And that is worth praying about to find out what God has to say and what He wants me to do.

16. Your security code has been keeping me out. (It drew a circle). Maybe I’ll let my hear grow.
    Thanks for your clarification.
    Robert